NZ Fringe are a small team who work year round. Keen to join us?
NZ Fringe Operations Manager
The NZ Fringe Operations Manager role is a critical cog in the Fringe engine room, managing the operations and office, including systems, finance management and logistics.
This contract starts part-time from October 2020, moving to full-time in from January to April 2021.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Systems Management - Event, project Management and ticketing Systems
- Artist Services - Registration and ticketing logistics communication and reporting
- Event Delivery - Assist with event logistics and delivery
- Reporting - Provide of regular and accurate reporting
- Ticketing Management - Coordinate and deliver the logistics and systems for all ticketing requirements online and across venues
- Web Site and Digital - Develop website functionality and coordinate updates
- Merchandise - Coordindate merchandise sales across the festival
- People Management and Training - Recruit, train and manage event and ticketing staff, interns and volunteers. Help host industry delegates.
- Financial Management - Manage Fringe payments and income reporting for artist registrations, awards and ticketing
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in managing small teams to deliver beyond expectations
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience in utilising a Project Management system to manage and complete tasks by deadlines
- Proven success in working in a tight financial environment, monitoring and management of budgets
- A supportive and mentoring attitude to engaging with artists and participants as clients
- Experience in ticketing and registration systems for events and/or venues
- Experience in managing and delivering a wide range of events, and attention to timelines and detail
Download a full Position Description here. Email a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 25 September 2020
Not the right role for you? We're building our team up for 2021 so keep on checking!
Equal opportunities Policy
NZ Fringe has been, and remains committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. NZ Fringe does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, employment practices; selection of board members, interns, and volunteers; and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. In keeping with this policy, NZ Fringe seeks to recruit, hire, train and promote into available jobs the most qualified persons and to administer personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, training, and terminations in accordance with this policy. All employees, contractors, board members, interns and volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in the workplace in a manner consistent with this policy.
NZ Fringe has a strong kaupapa of career development opportunities for interns with a proven history of follow on paid roles where available and applicable.
If you're interested in interning with NZ Fringe please email email@example.com
VOLUNTEER WITH FRINGE
Thinking of volunteering for NZ Fringe 2021? Volunteers are an essential part of the NZ Fringe Festival – you help us make the festival possible!
Volunteering in Fringe can be great fun; you will meet the team behind the Fringe and get the opportunity to see many productions in the festival during our Wellington summer. To volunteer for NZ Fringe, check out our volunteer information page or if you're ready to jump straight in submit an application online.