Presenting your event at NZ Fringe Wellington 2021
ARTIST RESOURCE DOCUMENTS
Current Fringe artists
If you are looking for the full hub of resources, please contact Tom via email@example.com
Registrations for NZ Fringe 2021 are now closed!
Missed out? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we can do to help
- The 2021 Fringe Festival will be from 26 February - 20 March, 2021
- Registrations for NZ Fringe 2022 will open in September 2021
Keen to get involved as an artist for the 2022 festival? Here's some helpful info
What is Fringe?
NZ Fringe is an open access festival, that means we don't program any shows. Once you register and pay your registration fee you're in. It's that easy.
Why indeed. Think of Fringe as the portal for audiences to find and experience your art. We market the festival all over town with poster campaigns, bus backs, radio interviews, media coverage & more. We distribute 25,000 copies of our printed programme far and wide. NZ Fringe run the ticketing on your behalf online and at our NZ Fringe Box Office. We host free forums/info sessions with industry professionals about all things Fringe life. We organise for judges, promoters and producers (both national and international) to come and see your work. All shows in NZ Fringe are self produced which means you'll put in some grunt work too, but we at Fringe HQ are all experienced in all things Fringe so ask us all the questions - use us to your advantage.
When can I register?
Registrations for 2021 festival have closed.
Registrations for 2022 will open in September 2021. Get in touch if you have questions or want to start a conversation with us about your amazing plans. You can find us at email@example.com we are all ears (and eyes, and legs, and arms...)
What do I need to register?
- An event - or even just the beginnings of a kick-ass idea.
- A confirmed venue - talk to us if you need help finding one.
- Dates and times - when is it going to happen?
- Ticket prices - how much is up to you, but remember to factor inside fees into your prices
- A blurb to describe your event (or idea!) - it’s good to keep it snappy and tantalising
- An image for publicity and marketing - most publications won’t use images with text in them, have a browse over previous fringe programmes to see which ones stand out. (We’ve got a bunch in the NZ Fringe office. Come visit us, have a flick through, talk through your idea with us, remember we’re here to help you!)
What kind of event can I put on?
Honestly, anything. (As long as it's legal.) The Fringe world is your own personal oyster, get munching and we're sure those omega threes will be sure to get your brain juices flowing.
How much does it cost?
Fringe registration is tiered for different revenue possibilities:
- $25 : Free events eg exhibition or installation + $50 bond ($75)
- $75 : One off ticketed event + $50 bond ($125)
- $150 : Unticketed koha event, pay at the door + $50 bond ($200)
- $225 : Event ticketed under $10 and koha events requiring pre-booking + $50 bond ($275)
- $325 : Ticketed $10.01 and over + $50 bond ($375)
All registrations pay a $50 bond that is refunded once artist reports are submitted after the festival
Inside ticketing fees are $2.50 per ticket over $10.01 and $1.50 per ticket $10 and under.
These prices are for 2021 and are subject to change for the 2022 festival.
How do I know which venue is right for me?
You might not, and that's cool. That's what we're here for! Do you want a regular black box theatre space? We know who to talk to. Do you need white walls and pillars? Well we can point you in the right direction. Some venues are programmed by application and some are first come first served. There's a list of Fringe friendly venues in the artist resources. As always if you need a guiding light, our team are here to help firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I BYO venue?
You sure can! That's the magic of Fringe. We just need some key information like the name of the venue and the address.
Are there funding opportunities for my event?
There are a few options out there for funding. NZ Fringe are pleased to offer our Kākano funding again for the 2021 festival. This has now closed for application however, keep in touch with us and we'll let you know if it's available again for 2022.
Other options can include:
- Crowd funding campaigns e.g. Boosted, Pledge Me
- Busking or fundraising nights
- CreativeNZ Grants
- WCC Grants
- Gaming trust charities
- And more...
It's worth having a think about the fact that the pool of money for arts funding is getting smaller, while the number of amazing projects needing funding are growing. Do your research, check whether you're eligible before applying, make sure you have all the materials required to apply. If in doubt, come and chat to us, we've been through it all and know the ins and outs of funding applications.
Will you give me a letter of support for applications?
Probably! Just ask. Our Festival Director can give you letters of support or confirmation of participation.
I’m having trouble with my budget, can you help?
Sure! Contact the team, we’re happy to go through your production budget to help keep you on track.
Fringe AF (Fringe After Fringe)
Follow the Fringe path…
- Auckland Fringe: 15 February - 6 March 2021. Auckland, NZ. Registrations open until 1 Dec 2020.
- Dunedin Fringe: 18 - 28 March 2021. Dunedin, NZ. Registrations open until 27 Nov 2020.
- Fringe World: 15 January - 14 February 2021. Perth, Australia. Registrations open until 29 Oct 2021.
- Adelaide Fringe: 19 February - 21 March 2021. Adelaide, Australia. Registrations open until 4 Nov 2020.
- Sydney Fringe: September 2021. Sydney, Australia. Applications and registrations approx March 2020.
- Melbourne Fringe: October 2021. Melbourne, Australia. Applications and registrations approx April 2021.
- Edinburgh Fringe: August 2021. Edinburgh, UK. Applications and registrations early 2021.
- CAFF: Starting from May 2021. Canada & USA. Applications open end of September 2020