A basic guide to event operations under Covid-19 Level 2
This is a basic guide to event operations under Covid-19 Level 2. Information is current as at 28 Feb 2021
Please refer to https://covid19.govt.nz/ for any public Covid-19 Health and Safety guidelines
The Fringe team is here for you and working hard to make sure Fringe can happen to its greatest extent at any Covid-19 level of operation.
The most important thing is your health and safety and that of the full Fringe community. Contact us anytime.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Make sure you've spoken to your venue about covid safety plans. Each venue is different so it's important you talk to them directly. Here are the basics
- Make sure a COVID tracer QR code is clearly visible at the entrance and throughout your venue. Make sure to provide a tracing register also, for those who cannot use the QR code
- Provide hand sanitizer on entry to the venue and, if you can, provide masks.
- Ensure social distancing measures are followed – 1m minimum physical distancing within the venue at all times. This will likely mean your event will need to operate at a reduced capacity
- Look after your team. There will be some who will not be comfortable performing or rehearsing at Level 2 and this is ok. Have an open conversation around potential options and keep an open mind – you’re all in it together.
- If your event cannot go ahead because you or members of your team are in Auckland under L3 lockdown, please let me know
- Ticket sales are currently on pause to ensure all box office procedures and communications with ticket holders are accurate. The current aim is to have this lifted tomorrow (Sunday) morning.
- Once off pause, tickets will only be sold to the Covid Level 2 capacity as given to us by your venue. If you are unsure of this capacity and cannot contact your venue, let me know and I can update you. We will message out once the pause is lifted.
- All events in the festival (right through to March 20), will be sold at the Level 2 capacity limit until we are advised by the government of the change of level.
Events happening up to and including Saturday 6 March
- If your event has sold over Level 2 capacity in a given session, tickets will be offered to audience members up to that capacity on a first-come-first-served basis. We will look after the communication with audience members.
- Audience members who miss out have a few options
*Offer to donate their ticket sale to you, the artist
*The opportunity to move their ticket to another night (no charge)
*A refund of their ticket price
Events after Saturday 6 March
- Purchased tickets will remain as they are for now. Audience members will retain their tickets and not be offered exchanges or refunds. This will change if Level 2 is extended past Saturday 6 March.
- Please direct any ticketing questions directed to you from audience members or those on social media to us via email@example.com
If you have any questions, please let me know. Via email is the best way however if it's urgent, feel free to call or txt.