HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?
WHAT WE'll DO
- We market the festival throughout the greater Wellington region and around New Zealand and overseas. We print and distribute around 25,000 copies of the Fringe programme and we list your event on the fringe website.
- We work to create an exciting festival vibe and make sure everyone knows the festival is happening and that they should get along.
- We run the ticketing on your behalf through our website and NZ Fringe box offices
- We host events throughout the festival.
- We organise judges to see everything in the festival and host you at an awards celebration at the end
- We run free forums/information sessions with industry professionals about the many aspects of presenting Fringe work.
- We make you a personalised artist pass which gets you access to special deals and discounts around town.
- We encourage festival directors and promoters to visit NZ Fringe 2022 and see your work.
- And we are here to help, need a venue, need any advice. Need help finding somebody for a thing? Coming from out of town or overseas? Get in touch! email@example.com
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Do what you do best - make art!
- Now you’ve registered you will have secured your venue, season dates, and ticket prices.
- In addition to making your most excellent thing you are responsible for marketing and publicity of your own work.
- You are responsible for making it happen
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER:
- The more we work together, the better.
- Make sure we have the correct information about your work the whole time, and changes - if you have to cancel a show or shift venue at the last minute or you need to update any details on your Fringe web page, let us know!
- Provide us with all the info to help us deliver the right information to your audiences.
- If you get some amazing publicity shots, let us know so we can add them to our media pack. You can upload those on to Eventotron or email Tom with them - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Hashtag ## hashtag baby.
How do I book comps for my show? How do I get a ticket sales report?
The main admin for your event will have been sent login details for Red61 - the ticketing platform we use.
Here are some guides on how this process works.
How do I get a DOOR LIST of the audience members coming to my show?
Login to Red61 and generate a 'SEAT LISTING' report. This guide will show you how to do this.
What are Fringe holds?
Fringe holds a certain number of comps for judges/staff/sponsors for every performance. This is based on capacity of the space at the current restrictions, so allowing for RED capacity right now. This number is lower than previous festivals to allow for more ticketing revenue for artists.
How do I book to use Phantom for poster distribution?
You can head to the Phantom Website and book in your campaign. Here is the best page to go to. Use the promo code 'bits' at the end of the booking for 25% off. (Note - discount not available for 'Max Premium Package')
We'll also have some Fringe only poster pillars right smack in the middle of town! You can whack your posters on there for free, FREE!
Where can I collect my artist pass?
This will be available to pick up from the office on 17 Allen Street at the start of the festival.
I have a new team member, can I arrange a pass for them?
Yes you can! Enter their details into Eventotron and we'll arrange a pass.
I've lost my pass, what do I do?
Take a long, hard look in the mirror and consider your actions. Then email Tom with the pass you need remade, allow 3 days for it to be made, pick up from Box Office. There will be a fine (small donation to the eternal shame jar) for this.
How does stand-by work?
Anyone with an artist pass can access ticketed events for free but only if there is space in the venue once the event starts. Please check in with the FOH rep at the venue when you arrive and let them know you have an artist pass.
I want to get more people into my show, how do I do that?
Check out the resources from the Marketing and Publicity workshops.
These and other resources are in the Artist Resources Library.
Direct Marketing is the best way to bring in a crowd quickly. Contact groups or organisations that have a connection to your show and offer them a discount (you can set up a promo code with Tom). Prompt them to organise a group booking.
- Facebook groups
- Online Meet-up groups
- Businesses your family or friends work at
- The cafe that you go to every day
- Your old school/university
How do I get a judge to see my show?
If you've elected (in Eventotron) to be eligible for NZ Fringe Awards, we'll organise a judge for you! Easy done. No invites necessary.
What Awards are there?
|The Grand Design Award|
|Outstanding Solo Performance|
|Outstanding Ensemble Performance|
|Stellar Original Content|
|Most Promising Emerging Company|
|Most Promising Emerging Artist|
|Spectacular Organised Chaos|
|Spirit of the Fringe|
|Best in Fringe|
Most Innovative Work
|Melbourne Fringe Tour Ready Award|
|The SYNZ Tour Ready Award|
|Adelaide Fringe Tour Ready Award|
|The International San Diego Fringe Exchange|
|The Parkin Development Award|
Your box office payout will come through two weeks after your season wraps up, potentially a little earlier. Payouts will go to the bank account that you have submitted in your Eventotron registration or to where you've indicated to your venue they'll go.