Tickets to most Fringe shows can be purchased directly online. Visit the Fringe Festival Programme to discover our exciting shows, and add tickets to your shopping cart. When your cart is full of exciting Fringe bits, you can complete your ticket purchase.
Where to buy tickets
- available online from 16 Dec 2021
NZ Fringe Box Office
- In person bookings or over the phone at the NZ Fringe Box Office from 1 Feb 2022
- 17 Allen Street, Tuesday - Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday - Monday 11am-4pm
- (Closed Waitangi Weekend)
Pop Up Box Office at the Performance Arcade
- In person bookings in the Fringe container over the Performance Arcade weekends
- 19, 20, 26, 27 February 11am-4pm
Drop in to either Fringe Box Office for you Fringe ticket bookings, totes, addict cards and information on all things Fringe. The Fringe Box Office will be staffed by Fringe experts to help YOU maximise your Fringe experience. Get in touch by email email@example.com or give us a call on 04 212 4725
No booking fees for 2022
Fringe isn’t charging booking fees in 2022 but credit card payments will incur a processing fee at the end of your transaction.
Exchanges and refunds
All Fringe ticket sales are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. In the event that a show is cancelled, or the event's change resulting in your being unable to attend, you are entitled to a refund or exchange.
Here at Fringe, we support financial accessibility to art, around 25% of the programme is Free or Koha.
Koha is a New Zealand Māori custom which can be translated as gift, present, offering, donation or contribution. Some places refer to it as ‘pay what you feel’.
Koha in the Fringe usually means you are experiencing an event that is: development work, expressing new formats, ideas or work, or, work an artist specifically wants to be as accessible as possible. So you as audience decide what you’d like to give.
As many shows have limited capacity Fringe offers a koha seat reservation for minimum $5. This guarantees you entry and you have the option to pay more if you are able and wish to online or at the event, which means a lot and we encourage to 'pay what you feel' in return for the art. When booking online, simply edit the ticket price to the amount you want to pay once you've selected your ticket.
All Fringe tickets are e-tickets and we have few different ticket types:
- Full Price/General Admission: this is the standard full price ticket.
- Concession rates apply to: all students with ID, Community Service Card holders, and Gold Card holders.
- Fringe Addict (FA): buy a personalised Fringe Addict card for just $20 and get approx 20% discount on all your shows and other special Fringe benefits!
- Some family friendly shows will have special Child prices
- Ticket +: New in 2022! All events will have the option to book Ticket+ adding an extra $5 or $10 on top of a full price ticket for those who are able to pay more for their tickets, select 'Ticket+ $5' or 'Ticket+ $10' instead of 'Full price' at cart. All of this money will go directly to the the artists.
- No Restrictions = Suitable for all ages, bring your whānau
- PGR = May contain something a bit more mature, bring you parents with you
- 13+ = It’s got a bit of stuff that’s not really for the young ones
- 18+ = This one’s just for the big kids, over 18 only.
Buy your personal RADIOACTIVE FRINGE ADDICT CARD for just $20 and save nearly 20% on all your Fringe tickets.
For 2022 we have teamed up with Radioactive for our Addict cards. Buy an Addict Card directly through Fringe (online or in person at our Box Office) for $20 to get the Fringe Addict card discount on tickets. Fringe Addict prices are listed in the programme as ‘FA’. Visit radioactive.fm for the full list of bonus discounts.
Get your card online or in person from the box office: