Tickets to most NZ Fringe shows can be purchased directly online. Visit the NZ Fringe Festival Programme to discover our exciting shows, and add tickets to your shopping cart. When your cart is full of exciting experiences for future you, the present you can complete your ticket purchase!
- available online NOW.
NZ Fringe Box Office
The NZ Fringe Box Office opens on 7 February 2024.
17 Allen Street, Tuesday - Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday - Monday 11am-4pm.
Drop into the Box Office for ticket bookings, limited edition merch, and information on all things NZ Fringe.
The Box Office will be staffed by NZ Fringe experts to help you maximise your NZ Fringe experience. Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or give us a call on 04 212 4725.
No booking fees for 2024
NZ Fringe isn’t charging booking fees in 2024, however credit card payments will incur a processing fee at the end of your transaction.
Exchanges and refunds
All ticket sales are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. In the event that a show is cancelled, or the event changes, resulting in you being unable to attend, you are entitled to a refund or exchange. See full Terms & Conditions here.
Here at NZ Fringe, we support financial accessibility to art, around 25% of the programme is Free or Koha.
Koha is a Māori custom which can be translated as gift, present, offering, donation or contribution. Some places refer to it as ‘pay what you feel’.
Koha in the Fringe usually means you are experiencing an event that is: development work, expressing new formats, ideas or work, or, work an artist specifically wants to be as accessible as possible. So you as audience decide what you’d like to give.
As many shows have limited capacity, NZ Fringe offers a koha seat reservation for minimum $5. This guarantees you entry and you have the option to pay more if you are able and wish to online or at the event. Any money going to our wonderful artists is greatly appreciated and we encourage you to 'pay what you feel' in return for the art. When booking online, simply edit the ticket price to the amount you want to pay once you've selected your ticket.
All Fringe tickets are e-tickets and we have few different ticket types:
- Full Price/General Admission: this is the standard full price ticket.
- Concession rates apply to: all students with ID, Community Service Card holders, and Gold Card holders.
- Fringe Addicts (FA): buy a Fringe Addict Membership for just $20 and get 20% discount on all NZ Fringe shows! See below.
- Some family-friendly shows will have special Child prices
- Ticket +: All events will have the option to book Ticket+ adding an extra $5 or $10 on top of a full price ticket for those who are able to pay more for their tickets, select 'Ticket+ $5' or 'Ticket+ $10' instead of 'Full price' at cart. All of this money will go directly to the the artists.
- No Restrictions = Suitable for all ages, bring your whānau.
- PGR = May contain something a bit more mature, bring your parents with you.
- 13+ = It’s got a bit of stuff that’s not really for the young ones.
- 16+ = Some mature themes, best for the big kids.
- 18+ = This one’s just for the big kids, over 18 only.
- Mild = Maybe a couple of accidental swears, but probably okay for your 10 year old
- Medium = Higher frequency of swears, probably intentional, definitely not okay for your 10 year old
- Heavy = Loads of swearing, probably okay for teens (they've heard worse in video games right?)
- Extreme = Every third word is explicit, definitely not appropriate for the faint of heart
- Mild = Tops off for a little bit
- Medium = Tops off for a majority of the event, maybe some showing of bum
- Heavy = Some full nudity, or genital showing
- Extreme = Full nudity for a significant portion of the event
Fringe Addict Membership
We now have a special digital addict membership that you can purchase for a one-off price of just $20 for a 20% discount on all your Fringe tickets for one festival season! Click here to purchase.